Monday, April 11, 2005

Triathlon here I come!!

So I am all pumped about the triathlon. About a ½ hour ago I got my best friend on board and then ran out the door to hit the gym. I took the “other” elevator and get off at the wrong floor in my parking garage and have to walk up two floors to find my car to get my gym bag. I purposely leave my sneakers in the car so I have NO EXCUSE to avoid swimming. I get to the gym and they require that I update my ID. I wait 15 minutes to do this only to leave membership with an ID where I am looking to the side like a pac man ghost.

I finally am proud of myself for even being at the gym. It’s such a nice gym I cant figure out why I don’t go more often! I’ll admit it, I was kinda shy in the locker room putting on my bathing suit. I don’t look too bad, I tell myself as I look at my huge hips in the mirror. I wrap myself in my towel to make them dissapear and head out to the pool with swim cap and goggles in hand. I plan to wear them so I start off on the right foot.

I walk up the stairs to the pool level and notice a big sign that says “we are sorry but our pool is out of service due to plumbing problems. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.” So I go back to locker room and get changed back into my work clothes CAUSE I LEFT MY DAMN SNEAKERS IN THE CAR. Of course!! Damn damn damn!

As I leave I ask the manager when the pool will be fixed. He says “oh I am so sorry, we don’t know – hopefully by the end of the week”. Then I suggested that they put a sign up in their LOBBY and on their WEBSITE – both off which I checked prior to changing into my bathing suit – to notify members that their pool is out of order.

THEN. I get back to work and start assembling my stupid south beach diet lunches. I drop the turkey slices on the FLOOR. I pick them up and wash them off as I had no interest in eating a cheese rollup.

My day so far has been a test of resiliency!

No comments: