Tuesday, January 03, 2006

When I least expect it, and need it most

I burst into tears the other day. This happens when you are a single mom. I was really looking forward to a quick workout at my gym, helps to clear your head ( a little "me" time is great too). Anyway, I called ahead to make sure the day care was open, they informed it was closed that day but the following day it would be open. Bummer. So the following day I bundled up the kid and off to the gym we went. I got there, and I just knew something was off as soon as my eyes connected with the brand new bubbly front desk chick. "Oh no! our day care is closed today! I saw you walking in with him, I am so sorry!". It was all I could do to keep from freaking out on her. I mentioned that I had called, blah blah blah.

So now I am trying not to get bent out of shape over this. I load up my son in his car seat. I climb into my seat. Turn the car on and promptly burst into tears muttering something about "...just need a break! blglgeoikejlwaaaahhhh."

Angel child from the back seat becomes very quiet and then says "mommy, u crying? mommy u ok?" - it immediately makes me smile and I respond with "yes mommie is crying but I am ok and I love you". Then angel child says "Want Wallace sing mommy a song?" and he starts to sing Frosty the Snowman for me from his carseat.

Precious. 100 points for the 2 1/2 year old!

(I then took him to his favorite play ground)

1 comment:

Tara Scarlett said...

It's amazing how children can really sense what is happening at even such a young age and know how to make you feel special.